The Vietnamese Government has just released its Resolution No. 56/NQ-CP to approve extension of Vietnam Visa exemption for Spanish passport holders. Accordingly, all Spanish citizens continues to be allowed to stay in Vietnam for no more than 15 days without a Vietnam visa. This policy will take effect for 1 year, ending on June 30, 2017.
To get visa exemption, Spanish citizens must ensure the three following requirements:
- Their passport is valid for at least 6 months from their arrival date;
- Their stay in Vietnam is no more than 15 days; &
- Their arrival date is not within 30 days from date of exit of their last visit to Vietnam with visa exemption.
Otherwise, a valid Vietnam visa is required. And in this case, they can obtain it in either of the two following ways:
- Get visa via the local Vietnam embassy/consulate; OR
- Get a Vietnam visa on arrival.